Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Smartboard Research

I am taking a course for my Masters from Plymouth State. The course is on integrating technology into the classroom. Many of the readings are studies on what methods are effective to use in teaching our children. I was led to a site: www.smarterkids.org and I got to reading some studies that different schools have done in this area. Back in 2001 in Wichita, KS, a school introduced the Smartboard as a way to increase student achievement. The article that I read, focused on first grade learners, can be found at: http://smarterkids.org/research/paper10.asp

It has been encouraging to see our district go in the direction of embracing this web 2.0 generation. While many who are educating grew up with very different or minimal technology, we need to remember our learners and I think that in using the Smartboard effectively, we are speaking the right language.

No comments: